10 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

This plot is only for sale now, nothing that I know of is planned. However, I think it is notable due to its size, over 14 acres. Though not highlighted, the Rockwood Go-Karts and Mini golf are also for sale by the same realtor. 

image.jpg

Great location with very close proximity to Downtown, W7th, Stockyards, & Panther Island, direct access to the Trinity & Rockwood park. It's marketed as "Redevelopment Opportunity with Hotel, Restaurant or Retail Pad-Site Potential on the Edge of the Trinity River Vision Project."

Nearly the entire site sits in a floodzone, however. Not sure how the TRV might affect that.

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

One of those plots near that intersection was long rumored to end up as a Wal Mart.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

There is a new one closer to 183. 

#4 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

I knew it had moved further out on Jacksboro Hwy. That is some prime real estate. It has great access to Rockwood Park.

#5 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

I will say this:

I vote that land directly south of it be used for Coyote Drive-In space if (and when) someone comes along and decides to develop that side of Panther Island as mixed-use buildings.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#6 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

Very strange. I had been discussing this area with my partner for quite some time and saying that it could be a good area to develop. I was thinking that a smal recreational lake could be made in the plot of land SE of the tree line on the large swath of green. It could be a catchment for rising waters during floods. I think apartments could be built where the gas station is because that is higher and some restaurants and/or retail could go along Jacksboro highway along Henderson east of the intersection at Univ/NS Drive towards downtown.

The areas proximity to DT, W7th, Cul District, Panther Isl, the Stockyards & just downriver from the River District make it a great potential site for redevelopment.

#7 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

Surrounding Cities Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

Wow, if someone could consolidate all that property in the triangle bounded by Jacksboro Highway, University Dr. and the West Fork there would be some serious potential for large scale development; either a big project like a corporate campus or a real urban neighborhood. Of course it could also be Big-Box anchored limited-life-span retail strip centers and apartments or a gated community... I don't know if property values in the inner city have reached the point where substantial urbanism is realistically being considered by the developers active in this region.

#8 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

Wow, if someone could consolidate all that property in the triangle bounded by Jacksboro Highway, University Dr. and the West Fork there would be some serious potential for large scale development; either a big project like a corporate campus...

With all the retail/hotel development underway or planned, it would be my preference that this site become an employment center such as the suggestion of a corporate campus.

#9 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

This plot is only for sale now, nothing that I know of is planned. However, I think it is notable due to its size, over 14 acres. Though not highlighted, the Rockwood Go-Karts and Mini golf are also for sale by the same realtor. 

image.jpg
Great location with very close proximity to Downtown, W7th, Stockyards, & Panther Island, direct access to the Trinity & Rockwood park. It's marketed as "Redevelopment Opportunity with Hotel, Restaurant or Retail Pad-Site Potential on the Edge of the Trinity River Vision Project."

Nearly the entire site sits in a floodzone, however. Not sure how the TRV might affect that.

Hey Austin. Where did you get the information that this land was for sale? Just curious if you have any contact info that you can private message me?

I have a group that is interested in developing something near downtown and I mentioned this site to them.

#10 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

Hey Austin. Where did you get the information that this land was for sale? Just curious if you have any contact info that you can private message me?

I have a group that is interested in developing something near downtown and I mentioned this site to them.

Here you go

http://www.loopnet.c...o_w5_8lh0Jzvu8O

#11 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Thank you Austin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users