7 replies to this topic

#1 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

This plot is only for sale now, nothing that I know of is planned. However, I think it is notable due to its size, over 14 acres. Though not highlighted, the Rockwood Go-Karts and Mini golf are also for sale by the same realtor. 

image.jpg

Great location with very close proximity to Downtown, W7th, Stockyards, & Panther Island, direct access to the Trinity & Rockwood park. It's marketed as "Redevelopment Opportunity with Hotel, Restaurant or Retail Pad-Site Potential on the Edge of the Trinity River Vision Project."

Nearly the entire site sits in a floodzone, however. Not sure how the TRV might affect that.

#2 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

One of those plots near that intersection was long rumored to end up as a Wal Mart.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

There is a new one closer to 183. 

#4 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

I knew it had moved further out on Jacksboro Hwy. That is some prime real estate. It has great access to Rockwood Park.

#5 Jeriat

Jeriat

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

I will say this:

I vote that land directly south of it be used for Coyote Drive-In space if (and when) someone comes along and decides to develop that side of Panther Island as mixed-use buildings.

7fwPZnE.png

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

#6 rriojas71

rriojas71

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

Very strange. I had been discussing this area with my partner for quite some time and saying that it could be a good area to develop. I was thinking that a smal recreational lake could be made in the plot of land SE of the tree line on the large swath of green. It could be a catchment for rising waters during floods. I think apartments could be built where the gas station is because that is higher and some restaurants and/or retail could go along Jacksboro highway along Henderson east of the intersection at Univ/NS Drive towards downtown.

The areas proximity to DT, W7th, Cul District, Panther Isl, the Stockyards & just downriver from the River District make it a great potential site for redevelopment.

#7 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

Surrounding Cities Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

Wow, if someone could consolidate all that property in the triangle bounded by Jacksboro Highway, University Dr. and the West Fork there would be some serious potential for large scale development; either a big project like a corporate campus or a real urban neighborhood. Of course it could also be Big-Box anchored limited-life-span retail strip centers and apartments or a gated community... I don't know if property values in the inner city have reached the point where substantial urbanism is realistically being considered by the developers active in this region.

#8 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

Wow, if someone could consolidate all that property in the triangle bounded by Jacksboro Highway, University Dr. and the West Fork there would be some serious potential for large scale development; either a big project like a corporate campus...

With all the retail/hotel development underway or planned, it would be my preference that this site become an employment center such as the suggestion of a corporate campus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users