• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mmmdan

mmmdan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

This Sat. there will be a better block party on Bluebonnet Cir.  I'm not sure what changes they want to make to the circle, but looks like it will be fun.

http://fortworthtexa....aspx?id=116110

#2 Papaw

Papaw

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Use caution at Bluebonnet Cir. as they reversed the yield signs at University on both sides of the circle Monday and people aren't used to it yet, resulting in several accidents.

#3 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Noon-7pm.  The hottest part of the day...

#4 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I drove through the circle today and I noticed the traffic changes.  The graphics they are using on the signs to indicate the lanes going around the circle are a little interesting. 

#5 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Maybe this will help spur on some of the Bluebonnet Circle Urban Village plans

#6 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Sounds like there's a chance this could come to life. 

http://fortworthtexa...net-Circle-mtg/

TPW plans to continue two lanes. Our question: are these plans meant to reinforce complete streets & walkability or just to support a major thoroughfare? TPW will also provide a single lane option. We have a complete streets vision for a safe space for walking, bikes & cars.

https://twitter.com/bluebonnetftw

#7 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Sounds like there's a chance this could come to life. 

http://fortworthtexa...net-Circle-mtg/

TPW plans to continue two lanes. Our question: are these plans meant to reinforce complete streets & walkability or just to support a major thoroughfare? TPW will also provide a single lane option. We have a complete streets vision for a safe space for walking, bikes & cars.

https://twitter.com/bluebonnetftw
Hopefully something awesome happens from this and things start to progress. Bluebonnet Circle has long been in need of a face lift. I hope the changes make it a place to gather and linger as they said on twitter. As it stands right now there is no draw or appeal to want to linger there. The circle needs a good coffee shop and a few more distinct businesses. Not some of the random places that are there now.

More seating, shading in the area and possibly a water feature would be appreciated.

#8 txbornviking

txbornviking

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:59 AM

This past weekend I was up on Bluebonnet Circle to visit one of the businesses there. While I VERY much empathize with the businesses having to suffer during such a looooooong reconstruction time, I quite like the new setup.

#9 BlueMound

BlueMound

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:52 PM

This past weekend I was up on Bluebonnet Circle to visit one of the businesses there. While I VERY much empathize with the businesses having to suffer during such a looooooong reconstruction time, I quite like the new setup.

I like it too.

#10 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:58 AM

One thing I don't like is the approaches from University.  I think the narrowing down to one lane needs to be marked more clearly.

My blog: Doohickie

#11 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:45 AM

It is much better but something about the set up does not feel quite right. It has to do with the parking along the circle... I think a simple fix like painting the spaces a different color from the roadway or making a better distinction between the road and where the parking spaces end. Other than that small issue I think they did a good job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users