Can we see some interior shots?

#52 weinerdog

weinerdog

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:07 PM

I will try to take one of an empty 3 bedroom.

#53 WTx

WTx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Buildings of the 20's - 40's.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:52 PM

If I had that roof view I'd just sit up there all night!

#54 weinerdog

weinerdog

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:06 PM

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#55 weinerdog

weinerdog

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

I know this has been up for a while, but if anyone is interested, I have more interior pictures.

My friend and I went to the library to see what we could dig up on this place. We found the original pamplet that was handed to prospective tennants. It showed the original floor plans. It was pretty cool. There were several newspaper clippings with interesting stories. I may try to go back and copy some of it.

#56 wren

wren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:59 PM

I'd like to see more pics of this place. Share some of those newspaper stories with us as well. Seems like there are quite a few interesting stories about this building.

#57 bburton

bburton
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

The south tower of the Forest Park Gates, looking East.

IPB Image

#58 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

GREAT pic!

Love those gates and FW should create more of those in other areas too.

Love the stone work look. Reminds me of some OLD HISTORIC places in SA.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#59 courtnie

courtnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:History, Historic Preservation, Art, Antiques

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:26 PM

Lovely pictures of the apartments. It looks so homey and cheery....Great views too..

#60 fortworthman

fortworthman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, History, Pop Culture, (esp. Fort Worth History), Texas History.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

Here are some images of old Forest Park Apt floor plans for 1,2 and 3 bedroom apts. Not sure of age of drawing but must be in later years since they show refrigerator, not ice box in drawing.

By accident, I personally talked to the architect that was working on building about 1994. I was inside building at the time. The parquet wood flooring was piece by piece taken ,refinished, and relayed where possible. You can see some of the old parquet flooring in some other photo on this thread.

They were going to modernize the whole building with new windows. They ran into a snag. The building was on a Historical Register and they had to keep the original construction where possible, barring health and safety conditions. At the time they were going to have to put the old windows back in place after refurbishing, New elevator to meet codes as well as extra stairwell for fire safety.

Very beautiful building. I am always attracted to French doors. You can see this same inside motif in homes along Elizabeth Blvd area from the same era.
I was small boy about 1948 when I was first in the building visiting. They all had dark wooden ceiling fans in the rooms. No central air conditioning in those days. In warm months, everyone opened the windows wide. Being on a hill and clear of trees causing a wind break, there was a good breeze blowing through apartments. I can't remember if it was gas or steam heat for winter.

I have said before on this web site that architecture can be interesting. But, it is the people that use and inhabit it that makes it come alive, gives it soul and be meaningful. It is the culture that built it and used it at the beginning that made it. It is the real history of the culture that made the building and why they designed it that makes it what it was and is today. [/size]

I will explain this more another time on this web site. The era I remember this building was late 1940's - early 1950's. It was a real progressive time for Fort Worth. WWII was just over. GIs back home. New industries. The "Cold War". Read Ann Arnold's book Gamblers & Gangsters: Fort Worth's Jacksboro Highway in the 1940s & 1950s and you will get an idea of some of the culture then.

There was the "old money' culture and the "new money" culture. They both occupied the Forest Park Apartments then. Yes, there were some kept women that lived there. I met some of those women.

Enjoy the drawings. May I suggest that if you have any continuing interest in these images as well as any other historical images, you should copy them to your computer for future reference. Many images are on other computer servers and someday they will disappear. You will then no longer be able to come back and see them.

Forth Worth Man

thguru@earthlink.net

#61 weinerdog

weinerdog

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

Does anyone happen to know who the owner of this building or how to contact them or how to find out who they are? I looked on TAD and all it says is Fwfp Ltd. with a Fort Worth post office box address. I know the owner lives in New York and I would really like to send him a letter concerning the management, so I would prefer not to contact them with this issue. If anyone knows, or has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

#62 isshin68

isshin68

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

My Mother b 1916 would take us to the Zoo in the late 50's early 60's...she would now and then mention a woman jumping from the higher floor to her death...was a scandal in the time...Mom came to FW in 1939.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users