http://www.wired.com...ights-beauties/

#2 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

Fort Worth deserves recognition. If we don't have it yet we will get it. It's not just the TRV either, look at all the development the river is seeing.

On the Clear Fork you've got Waterside, Clearfork, West Bend, and Left Bank. West Fork has Crystal Springs and the River District development, and Top Golf and Gateway Park to the east. Almost all of Fort Worth's central city developments have one thing in common - The Trinity.

#3 RD Milhollin

RD Milhollin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

The Trinity Trails network alone qualifies Fort Worth for inclusion that list. Perhaps it was only meant to recognize RECENT turnarounds...

#4 rriojas71

rriojas71

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, RE Development, Geography, Team Sports, Restaurants, Urban Exploring, Gaming, Travel, History

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

I think what Fort Worth has done with the Trinity has been a success. None more noticeable than my recent venture to downtown this past Thurs night. I went for a walk and decided to walk around the Radio Shack / TCC campus because I wanted to see what the inner part of the campus looked like. I noticed a few groups of people walking down the hill and so I followed.

There were about 300-400 people near the river stage. Some were floating on tubes, a group of 10 headed west in kayaks towards Rockwood Park, people were on the lawn bear the TCC playing frisbee and there were people on the trails running, biking, walking and lounging near the river. I was truly blown away by it. It made me proud of how Fort Worth has done a complete 180 from what it was when I moved away in 98.

The most exciting thing to me that I realized is that Fort Worth still has room to improve on enhancing the Trinity River experience. I can only imagine and hope for what I think it can develop into in 5 years once all the residential currently under construction is fully realized. They have got to get it right though to keep the momentum going. I know many of us want to see the growth happen quicker, but I think this deliberate approach will pay dividends down the line. It truly is an exciting time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users