15 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

Most of you on this Forum remember a year ago (May 2011) when from my balcony I recorded a pretty amazing event. Transformers exploding. Lots of them. Over a period of 20 minutes. Later that day it was on all the major TV stations worldwide. (My video clip) I actually recorded 4 videos with 4 different lenses. To get them to the News stations quickly (NBC Tonight with Brian Williams was first)I uploaded just one, in low definition. (To make the file size small.) Little did I know it would basically go viral. I realized almost a year later that I never replaced with a hi def version. As it has so many counts (And I am actually making money off of it) I did not want to replace it with the Hi Def. So I just added my Hi Def version and made reference to it in my original video. I also uploaded the other videos which I still have not made public. (By request I will give you the link to them as well. They are amazing if not more amazing) I have sold licenses for limit usage of my footage a few times. Now the SyFy channel has paid me for a limited license to highlight on their show "Fact or Faked" It is on tomorrow night. (Tuesday) I will just put up the e-mail I got with the show information. I will also put up a link to the video. (The only one I let them see) I did not get a million bucks for this footage, but a nice hunk. (Terms supposed to be confidential) I did a good job videing this evening, but of course, I do not take credit for the event. I was just at the right place at the right time with good nighttime video gear.

Hello Brian:
I wanted to let you know that your video will be airing on our program "Fact or Faked Paranormal Files" June 26 on SyFy at 9:00pm/8 central. Check your local listings because some satellite systems change the time that the show airs. For your reference, the title of the episode is "Surveillance Spector/Morgue Mystery." The video will air about 3/4 of the way through the program. There are two episodes airing that night, I am not sure which one will air first.
Thank you for your amazing video and I hope you enjoy the show!

Leslie Clark
V Street Productions/Base Productions
4540 West Valerio Street
Burbank, CA 91505

Here is that video. (1 of 4 videos)

My original video has 1.4 million views. (I won't put the link here as it is low def. Sure was too bad that is the one everyone saw.)

www.fortworthview.com

#2 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, architecture, hot rods, stormy weather

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Cool stuff! I'll set the DVR!
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

Hear my original music (and other stuff) at RPQx2 Music

#3 John S.

John S.

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Brian,
That incredible video was amazing then and still is today...doubtful if you had captured a UFO landing downtown it would have created any more media buzz. Glad to hear that once in a lifetime lucky event is still proving to be profitable. I know you keep your cameras handy (beautiful frequent weather shots often seen on local TV stations) so who knows what unique things might be captured in the future? If you should capture images of space aliens landing in Sundance Square, please share it with us first!

#4 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Thanks John S.

I got a call earlier from the Star Telegram. I gave them links to the never before seen footage.
(Never before seen because I have been too busy/lazy to upload and release.)

Main page. Front and center.

http://www.star-telegram.com/

That link can't last for long, so here is the link to that story.

http://www.star-tele...ve-flashes.html
www.fortworthview.com

#5 bburton

bburton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Congratulations, Brian.

I especially enjoyed the chirping birds in the background. I cannot imagine how your cat allowed you to "fake" those sounds. :wink:

Bruce Burton

#6 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Pete Delkus just asked me if he could use my video on the news tonight. (10pm Monday, June 25)

Pretty fun...
www.fortworthview.com

#7 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Brian,
I had just read the info online in the Star-Telegram. Excellent that they are going to show your clip. You do Fort Worth proud.

best,
Mike

#8 beverlyb

beverlyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Way to go Brian!

#9 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Thanks Friends. Pete Delkus is sure a nice guy. (Channel 8)
www.fortworthview.com

#10 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

I have the DVR set for both the 8 and 9 showings tonight to make sure I catch it!
"People only ask you how you're doing, 'cause it's easier than letting on how little they could care" - Jackson Browne

#11 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Turns out that each cable company switches shows on the SyFy channel as they see fit. My show was on at 7 and again at 10 central on my cable system.

The show I am on is has surveillance specter in the description. (Not the title) Here in FW on Charter it is on again at 10 Central.

Brian
www.fortworthview.com

#12 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Rats, I just watched the last hour on my Verizon FIOS and did not see it. Will check later and see. Anyway I know it was good.

#13 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Was pretty unimpressive. Short clip and they called it fake. They called it fake because they did not think they were real UFO's. Der.

I never claimed they were UFOs. Pretty sure the description on my videos say they are exploding transformers. Well, anyway, it was kind of fun seeing it. (At 7:50 and 10:50) Bummer the programs got switched. I did get a pretty nice check from them. (Not new car nice. New lens nice.)

I am getting a lot of interest in the videos, however. A scientist from New Zealand wants to use them and sent me a big list of questions.
www.fortworthview.com

#14 Cowtown Mike

Cowtown Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

At least you got on and made some lunch money. Just keep the camera ready as always.

#15 Ron Payne

Ron Payne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

Pretty cool - I was waiting for the name-mention so I could say "Hey! I know who that is!", but they didn't even give you credit! Still fun!

#16 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Just got a chance to read the Newspaper this 4th of July. Front page referenced my video of exploding transformers. Sure enough Bob Ray Sanders did and article about the crazy event...

http://www.star-tele...ns-still-a.html
www.fortworthview.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users