Photo
- - - - -

T&P Building (Texas & Pacific Railway Terminal Building)

Downtown Art Deco Historic Buildings

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#101 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(hooked @ Jul 29 2006, 12:25 PM) View Post

Even considering all of the above, I still believe this would be a good investment. Values will likely go up with the area's improvement.

True it may go way up. I guess the time is now to buy if your willing to over look constuction for the next few years. And the only "Green" in the area are street signs.

#102 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I am and always will be a Texas resident. I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Currently, I am in the Air Force working on the CV-22 Osprey, supporting the Fort Worth economy by working on those Bell heliplanes. :) I am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field home of the Air Force Special Operations Command.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Jul 28 2006, 08:59 PM) View Post

QUOTE(John T Roberts @ Jul 27 2006, 10:06 PM) View Post

As for the downtown view, it actually is a little better than the pictures show. You don't see a lot of the taller buildings on the north end of downtown because they are blocked by the SBC Building and Carter+Burgess Plaza. Once the Omni is built, an even bigger building will block the view.

Good. I hope the view is better than it looks on tv. Fox4 did a story on the building last night. I happened to catch it while I was getting takeout at a restuarant. An older lady at the bar even commented how unattractive DTFW looked when the view was shown from the building. If the Omni turns out to be as attractive as it looks in the renderings, it won't be a bad thing if it blocks that view of dt. The building looked awesome.

I found the link to that FOX4 news piece that aired on July 27th. They also mention a little something about the T&P Warehouse and post office building but they sound like out-of-date ideas. Here's the link:

Fox 4 News video

#103 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:12 AM

Personally, I'd prefer that the Post Office remain a Post Office. The downtown post office in the Federal Building is awful.

--

Kara B.

#104 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I am and always will be a Texas resident. I was born and raised in Fort Worth. Currently, I am in the Air Force working on the CV-22 Osprey, supporting the Fort Worth economy by working on those Bell heliplanes. :) I am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field home of the Air Force Special Operations Command.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Jul 31 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

Personally, I'd prefer that the Post Office remain a Post Office. The downtown post office in the Federal Building is awful.

Oh I don't know. So many have been asking for a store in the downtown area so I borrowed John Roberts' photo of the Post Office to create my own vision...of hell. How about this? rotflmao.gif

IPB Image

#105 Now in Denton

Now in Denton

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Jul 31 2006, 09:12 AM) View Post

Please don't say you mean the building? Do you? Are you saying that because its a kind of building Hitler would keep? I for one hope it's the new City Hall. But it's just talk for now. Its would show Fort Worth Government with a capital "G".

And as far as Walmart. Sadly Congresswomen Granger said Walmart is looking to build at the TRV. Just lovely news isn't it?........... mad.gif

#106 Bradleto

Bradleto

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:39 AM

My wife and I took the tour on Sunday, both of the original T&P building and the new structure. We both liked the original structure a bit better, but both were pretty nice.

One good thing about the buildings is that the windows for the units face north and south, into downtown or back to the south and I30, and that means the sun isn't beating directly on the windows as it would be under other circumstances, so you get good light but less glare and heat.

We could live in one of these units though by the time we are out of the house-owning business, I assume there will be many more choices downtown. Brad

#107 Willy1

Willy1

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Redshirt @ Jul 31 2006, 11:46 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Jul 31 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

Oh I don't know. So many have been asking for a store in the downtown area so I borrowed John Roberts' photo of the Post Office to create my own vision...of hell. How about this? rotflmao.gif

IPB Image

Walmart looks good, but something is missing. I think, I'd bore a big hole right through the center of the building so people could park in back - closer to the Joann Fabric store out back.

I think the new addition to the T&P is ugly. I love that building but the apartments they've built next to it look cheap, especially from I30.

#108 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Willy1 @ Aug 24 2006, 03:15 PM) View Post

I think the new addition to the T&P is ugly. I love that building but the apartments they've built next to it look cheap, especially from I30.

The developers (Wood Partners) who redeveloped the T&P have done some really good highrise projects in other cities. Locally they're getting ready to built condos and apartments in the Dallas design district. The T&P looks great, they did an excellent job, but that apartment building is just awful. It looks like they didn't even try to make it aesthetically appealing. I will never understand why developers will do such great things in others cities, and come to FW and throw up crap.

#109 AdamB

AdamB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Living in the city

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

While the building is somewhat bland to say the least, you have to consider its current surroundings. I think the building while not being impressive by any means, will look MUCH MUCH better once Lancaster is completed and more dense development goies in along with trees, landscaping, etc.

#110 safly

safly

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Interests:Restaurants. Golf. Garlic. FIESTA. Beer ME.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Aug 24 2006, 03:44 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Willy1 @ Aug 24 2006, 03:15 PM) View Post

The developers (Wood Partners) who redeveloped the T&P have done some really good highrise projects in other cities. Locally they're getting ready to built condos and apartments in the Dallas design district. The T&P looks great, they did an excellent job, but that apartment building is just awful. It looks like they didn't even try to make it aesthetically appealing. I will never understand why developers will do such great things in others cities, and come to FW and throw up crap.

EXACTLY!

I especially like what they designed out in HOTlanta.
COWTOWN! Get your TIP ON!
www.iheartfw.com

#111 Redshirt

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

I would have to agree that there's nothing to write home about with the add-on apartments at the T&P but I think it wouldn't look half as bad if it wasn't attached to the T&P building. What they've done is essentially like having a Chippendale dining table with metal folding chairs, it's a blatant mismatch and on the verge of aesthetic blasphemy.

#112 EricTCU

EricTCU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:May 3051 Odessa Avenue rest in peace.<br /><br />And a curse, I say, a curse upon those TCU administrators for destroying the house so many of us called home. And for what, 16 parking spaces?? A CURSE!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

Strong words! But so true. Obviously adding more units on the side was a business decision, not an architectural decision right?

Speaking of Chippendale...

IPB Image

Oh, I miss that guy.

#113 EricTCU

EricTCU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:May 3051 Odessa Avenue rest in peace.<br /><br />And a curse, I say, a curse upon those TCU administrators for destroying the house so many of us called home. And for what, 16 parking spaces?? A CURSE!

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:16 PM

IPB Image

This design may better draw in the "urban crowd". Of course if you drive through the hole, there is a Mervyn's and a Hobby Lobby in the back. You will notice I have included the newly improved Lancaster parking lot expansion project in my rendering.

#114 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:29 PM

Your design is certainly looking more and more like Montgomery Plaza. And with the tenant mix there, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you will see an inflatable giant purple gorilla on top of a roof.

#115 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

I got to tour the the building Saturday and was really impressed with the conversion. The units were really nice and the prices are just unbelievable when compared to similar projects in other cities. I had said I could never live in the building because of the less than flattering view of the FW skyline from the T&P. ( I Know I'm a skyline freak and sorry, but I find the FW skyline just horribly unattractive and I just couldn't look at it everyday.) But what suprised me was how wonderful the sourthern view is from the building. The Southside looks beautifully urban from the 8th floor. It made the building much more attractive to me. If I lived in FW, the T&P would be my first choice for a home.

#116 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

I got to tour the the building Saturday and was really impressed with the conversion. The units were really nice and the prices are just unbelievable when compared to similar projects in other cities. I had said I could never live in the building because of the less than flattering view of the FW skyline from the T&P. ( I Know I'm a skyline freak and sorry, but I find the FW skyline just horribly unattractive and I just couldn't look at it everyday.) But what suprised me was how wonderful the sourthern view is from the building. The Southside looks beautifully urban from the 8th floor. It made the building much more attractive to me. If I lived in FW, the T&P would be my first choice for a home.

#117 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

I really LOVED the T&P after seeing it on the tour. Steph and I are making some early plans to work at buying a place there - we have decided that's where we want to be.

I thought the units were just fantastic, and I also loved the south side view. While I don't dislike the downtown side, I would be thrilled to take the lovely Fort Worth South view and save some money! The south side looks very lovely, green, and urban from up in the T&P. I was also impressed by how quiet the units on the south side were, even with I-30 and the railways below. I never heard any real noise from either of them.

Oh, and I thought the terrazzo floors were great!

Here are a few pics I snapped on the tour:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--

Kara B.

#118 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--

Kara B.

#119 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:50 PM

Nice pictures AG. I'm glad someone else noticed how awesome the southern view is. I wasn't that crazy about the flooring, but that's easily changable. You and Steph can't go wrong with a T&P unit. How do you think the T&P compares to the Neil P??? Just curious.

#120 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(vjackson @ Oct 23 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post

Nice pictures AG. I'm glad someone else noticed how awesome the southern view is. I wasn't that crazy about the flooring, but that's easily changable. You and Steph can't go wrong with a T&P unit. How do you think the T&P compares to the Neil P??? Just curious.

Well, you know, I've been through the Neil P. three times now. I think it's a classy and high-quality development. You can tell they're doing it up right. I just prefer the T&P, because I'm a fan of the high exposed ceilings, ducts, and pipes, and the bare flooring of lofts. I think the Neil P. has been beautifully done, but I prefer the "rawness" of the T&P.

I also tend to think that the Neil P.'s units are a little on the too-expensive side - they are definitely out of my planned price range, but I realize that they're after a much more posh image. The T&P's units are, I think, an *outstanding* value, particularly the south side units.

Like I said, I don't *hate* the downtown view. It is rather unimpressive right now from there, I'll admit - the Omni will help a lot when it's built, and it will hopefully get better over time, but right now there are too many parking lots and ugly buildings like the SBC and all the crappy '60s/'70s concrete boxes like the Texas Workforce Commission, City Hall, and the like. So, I would gladly save the money buying a south side unit and get a very pretty view anyway. The Fort Worth South view is only going to improve, too. Besides, I think the south side is cool because you've got a view down on the railway. Trains are cool, and you can watch the freight trains and the TRE going about their business. There was a TRE train leaving as I was looking out the window (it's in one of the pics), and I think it'd be fun to have them running around below you. If you're going to live in a train station, you might as well be able to watch the trains, right?

For comparison by the forum-ers, here are all the pics I got of the views from the T&P, looking out each end.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
What sucks about this view (besides all the parking lots and ugly little '60s/'70s boxes nearby) is that the two most dominating buildings (to my eyes) are the SBC Building and Carter + Burgess Plaza, which I consider to be the two ugliest tall structures in all of downtown.

IPB Image
The Water Gardens will be a nice spot near the T&P once they get up and running again.

IPB Image
Looking out over Fort Worth South from here, you realize how nice it really is. There are a lot of cute buildings, and the whole area looks very nice, IMHO.

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Post Office, as always, is a lovely neighbor, and Steph goes there so much that it would be wonderful to live right next door.

IPB Image

The T&P almost feels as much a part of Fort Worth South as it does downtown, IMHO. It's a nice bridge between the two.

--

Kara B.

#121 AndyN

AndyN

Skyscraper Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:46 PM

You know, I almost take back all my reservations about the free tax money giveaway for the Omni Hotel & condos since it will be effectively blotting out the SBC Building from the skyline (from the south, anyway). No if we can add a few more tall buildings from the other exposed sides, our SBC box problem will be obscured.

Thanks for the pics, KB.
Www.fortwortharchitecture.com

#122 hooked

hooked

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

Looks like the T & P Terminal will likely get a stop on the Cotton Belt Commuter line. This project is looking more and more like a good investment opportunity, IMO.

STAR-TELEGRAM

At least 11 stations would be built in Fort Worth and Grapevine and at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport if the Cotton Belt commuter rail proposal unveiled Monday becomes a reality.

POSSIBLE STATIONS

A. Altamesa Blvd./Dirks Road
B. I-20/Granbury Road
C. Berry Street near TCU
D. Medical district
E. T&P Terminal
F. Fort Worth ITC
G. Stockyards/ 23rd Street
H. Beach Street
I. Grapevine Main Street
J. D/FW Airport north
K. D/FW Airport terminals A-B

#123 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:30 AM

Once again, great pictures Atomic. There are about six major buildings that I can't stand to look at to the north and once you add in the parking lots, lack of greenery, and all of the smaller box-like buildings, I might not live long enough to see it all change. And the western view with the post office and T&P warehouse isn't that bad until Burnett Plaza (the ugliest "skyscraper" in the metroplex, IMO )comes into view.
Gimme the S.Side.

#124 stormalong

stormalong

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

I think it's wonderful that the T&P is finding so much favor with the forum members. My wife and I bought our unit back in August and I had the worse case of "buyer's remorse" I've ever had. However, Wood Partners has really done a great job of putting the finishing touches on the place and with the pool finally going in we now have absolutely no regrets about making the plunge. Our unit happens to face north into downtown and we wouldn't trade the view for anything. We think the view is especially cool at night. Watching the Omni construction progress has been a special treat.

I might add that we had a wonderful time this weekend taking the TRE/DART to the Texas State Fair and back. You just can't beat the doorstep to fairground entrance to doorstep service that we experienced. We're so excited about the possibility of having the Cotton Belt that we can hardly stand it.

#125 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:43 PM

Stormalong - glad you're liking the T&P! With luck (and assuming we have a good down payment saved), sometime in the next several months Stephanie and I will be moving in there as well.

I've figured it, and what we'd be paying at the T&P to own isn't all that different that what I'm paying at the Electric Building to rent, when all is said and done, so why not be making those payments to actually own something?

--

Kara B.

#126 stormalong

stormalong

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Oct 24 2006, 01:43 PM) View Post

Stormalong - glad you're liking the T&P! With luck (and assuming we have a good down payment saved), sometime in the next several months Stephanie and I will be moving in there as well.

That would be awesome AG. Best of luck on that. smile.gif Be sure to ask about the second floor units. The north facing ones are pretty nice--they're larger and have the original windows. Main disadvantage is that the one on the west end of the building is already sold. The east end unit is more difficult to get to because of the ballroom in the middle. None of these were available when my wife and I were looking at the development back in the spring.

#127 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

Any word on how occupancy is going in the T&P?

#128 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(cberen1 @ Dec 11 2006, 01:57 PM) View Post

I have heard rumors that a price increase is on the way, so apparently things are going very well for the T&P folks.

--

Kara B.

#129 jmilam

jmilam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(Atomic Glee @ Dec 11 2006, 07:14 PM) View Post

QUOTE(cberen1 @ Dec 11 2006, 01:57 PM) View Post

I have heard rumors that a price increase is on the way, so apparently things are going very well for the T&P folks.

We took a tour this weekend and I think they have sold around 84+- of the 132? in the T & P Highrise. They said they would not start selling the Lowrise until they are 90% sold on the main building I believe.

#130 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

A few pics from the home tour inside the new midrise:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--

Kara B.

#131 DrkLts

DrkLts

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

jawdropping pics! very very nice looking

#132 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:10 AM

Le Bijou looked awesome, but the T&P is still my fave FW development. Awesome pics AG!!

#133 walton91

walton91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

Hope this isn't old news or posted somewhere else....

Walking thru the T&P today there is a sign posted on a window of the old diner that an application to serve alcohol has been made by the T&P Tavern and Grill. Does anyone know anything about this or a timeline for opening?

#134 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:20 PM

I did not know anything about it, but wondered about it, because the last few times I had been on Lancaster at night, the lights were on in the diner space. By the way, the old diner looks almost the same way it did when it first opened. This is great news and really completes the ground floor of the historic terminal.

#135 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

It looks as if the owners are planning some dramatic lighting effects on the corner domes and the top of the parapet. The following is an excerpt from this months Downtown Design Review Board Agenda.

221 W. Lancaster Avenue; T&P Building Lighting
Owner/Applicant: T&P Lofts Homeowners Association/Pamela Jaussi

Requests a Certificate of Appropriateness to install:
1. Twelve (12) halide flood fixtures in groups of three on the protruding points to be directed at the domes; and
2. 300-feet (150 per side) of aluminum channel lighting with lamps on 6-inch spacing to be mounted on top of parapet wall.

#136 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

The Downtown Design Review Board approved the lighting on the domes today, but they denied without prejudice the lighting along the parapets. Denial without prejudice means they can come back before the board in less than one year with a revised proposal.

#137 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

John, do you know why the parapet lighting was denied?

--

Kara B.

#138 walton91

walton91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

I posted this in another thread but thought I would add it here. The diner is now open, sort of. The inside diner is not open yet but the patio & kiosk are open and serving.

#139 njjeppson

njjeppson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

The T&P Tavern opening is exciting! It will be interesting to see how the inside diner is restored.

#140 SurplusPopulation

SurplusPopulation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

They've added lights at the top. I've noticed it the last few mornings on my way to work. Any photographer's feel like getting out there for the rest of us?

#141 Brian Luenser

Brian Luenser

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Was out at 5am this Saturday morning hoping for Full moon pics over Fort Worth. By the time I got out far enough it was too cloudy. But was not a total bust. Have been wanting to catch the new lighting at the top of the T&P Building. I like it. I took a few pics of the Public Art Lighting but guess I should post that elsewhere on the Lancaster Ave. Thread.

Yes, the streaks are a car going by.

20 minutes later with a bit more light on the grand building

www.fortworthview.com

#142 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Not sure if this is the best prior thread, but it looked appropriate.

Is there some work going on on the exterior of the building?  This morning it looked like some cleaning of the buff brick had been done on the Southwest corner (facing West) of the building.  It might have been a trick of the morning light, but I thought I'd ask.

#143 Martha

Martha

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:bicycling, yoga, family stuff

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Infrequent poster here, but I like to read the board. We just got approved to lease the 3 bedroom condo that is in the midrise. Anyone reading this thread that lives in the T&P? Any word of wisdom?

Last time I posted here was before we moved to the Forest Park tower. We ended up moving here. It has been a great place for my family, but alas they are going condo and not renewing leases. The payment would end up being a lot more than our rent after adding in the HOA.  So we looked to a new place to lease or buy. My husband is gung-ho about the T&P. I am going along for the ride. We have 2 kids, one in high school and one in 4th grade. The fact that T&P is in the Paschal attendance zone was a big plus for us. 

Thanks!

Martha

#144 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Infrequent poster here, but I like to read the board. We just got approved to lease the 3 bedroom condo that is in the midrise. Anyone reading this thread that lives in the T&P? Any word of wisdom?

Last time I posted here was before we moved to the Forest Park tower. We ended up moving here. It has been a great place for my family, but alas they are going condo and not renewing leases. The payment would end up being a lot more than our rent after adding in the HOA.  So we looked to a new place to lease or buy. My husband is gung-ho about the T&P. I am going along for the ride. We have 2 kids, one in high school and one in 4th grade. The fact that T&P is in the Paschal attendance zone was a big plus for us. 

Thanks!

Martha

What elementary school would your fourth grader attend?

#145 JBB

JBB

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Anyone reading this thread that lives in the T&P? Any word of wisdom?

There was a member on here (Ron Payne) that lived in the building and posted frequently.  The last time I remember him posting he said that he was moving out of the building and back into his house that he had been trying to sell.  You might try sending him a message through the board.

#146 Martha

Martha

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:bicycling, yoga, family stuff

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

My 4th grader goes to Alice Carlson, which is a FWISD special interest program. She can go there from anywhere in Fort Worth ISD. T&P is in the DeZavala attendance zone, though. Middle school will be another issue, if we end up staying there. The T&P is in the Dagget Middle School zone.

Thanks, JBB, I'll try messaging Ron Payne.

I am kind of excited about living downtown! But moving, argh...

#147 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Dang.  De Zevala is what... 3-4 miles away?  Seems pretty far for an elementary.

My blog: Doohickie

#148 cberen1

cberen1

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Alice Carlson is probably not much more than 3 - 4 miles, and it's a fast drive from downtown.

#149 elpingüino

elpingüino

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:02 AM

A $1.75 million remodeling project would open the traditional T&P entrance, making access to the rail platform more direct and eventually creating a pedestrian route between downtown and the Near Southside.

A Downtown Fort Worth Inc. forum for public input is scheduled for tonight and another tomorrow.

Luke Ranker reports, How the iconic T&P Station could be a gateway to downtown Fort Worth again

#150 renamerusk

renamerusk

Skyscraper Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:19 PM

Yeah, T&P ought to retake its place as the proper gateway to DTFW. As an oldtimer who remembers taking a passenger train from T&P as a child, T&P is a given for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Downtown, Art Deco, Historic Buildings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users