• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DKinFW

DKinFW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

One of my usual stops for gas is now closed.  The Shell station at University and Berry closed yesterday.  I got the news Saturday when I stopped in for gas.  According to what the guy working there told me, Chase Bank bought the property and has plans to put a bank there.  To my way of thinking that space is too small for a bank.  Just look at the B of A across the street to see how much space something like that uses.  Also, there is another Chase bank branch just down University Drive adjacent to the Ole South Pancake House.  I know Starbucks is not opposed to other franchises close by, but Chase Bank?

This is not to say that the Shell guy has the correct information.  Maybe he is wrong.  Does anyone out there have any idea of what is going on?

#2 fortworthhorn

fortworthhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

One of my usual stops for gas is now closed.  The Shell station at University and Berry closed yesterday.  I got the news Saturday when I stopped in for gas.  According to what the guy working there told me, Chase Bank bought the property and has plans to put a bank there.  To my way of thinking that space is too small for a bank.  Just look at the B of A across the street to see how much space something like that uses.  Also, there is another Chase bank branch just down University Drive adjacent to the Ole South Pancake House.  I know Starbucks is not opposed to other franchises close by, but Chase Bank?

This is not to say that the Shell guy has the correct information.  Maybe he is wrong.  Does anyone out there have any idea of what is going on?

Yikes.  Thanks for reporting.  I just finished walking past there.  Yeah, I don't see how they can do that with the parking situation.  Just getting into that car wash was extremely awkward.  The only way I could see it is if they were getting the McD's parcel or the other restaurant/retail parcels to the North of it as well.

#3 Austin55

Austin55

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

Yep, here's a rendering Jeriat posted

22604110378_237cb92311_b.jpg

Here's a thread with more disscussion

http://www.fortworth...opic=273&page=5

#4 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:52 PM

Just look at the B of A across the street to see how much space something like that uses.

The BofA has a massive drive through with 13 lanes which takes up about 2/3 of that plot of land.
My blog: Doohickie

#5 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

When I drove by this late last week, it appeared that the Chase Bank is now open for business.

#6 John T Roberts

John T Roberts

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,367 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Photography, Bicycling, Historic Preservation

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

They have been open for a little bit.  I'm at the intersection quite frequently.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TCU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users