9 replies to this topic

#1 vjackson

vjackson

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

Anyone eaten here yet?? Thinking of trying it next weekend. Whatcha think?? Vance can do no wrong, IMO.

#2 Fort Worthology

Fort Worthology

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

Have heard good things. Haven't tried it out myself yet because it's got a smaller vegetarian-compatible menu than Lili's, but I'm certain it's good. It certainly looks really nice. We're all excited as well because it helps grow the areas of activity along Magnolia, hopefully leading to more street life.

--

Kara B.

#3 Keller Pirate

Keller Pirate

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:10 AM

They had a nice spread about Cat City Grill in the magazine 360 West that showed up in my mailbox yesterday. The place looked mighty fine.

There also was a photo of The Tower by Brian Luenser along with a story about his becoming an urban citizen.

#4 tjh1

tjh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Here's another restaurant coming to the Near Southside...
http://www.star-tele...-coming-to.html

Old-school barbecue coming to spot near Fort Worth medical district
Posted Sunday, Mar. 07, 2010

Allan Davis recognized that a stretch of Eighth Avenue south of Fort Worth's medical district had been a smoked brisket-deprived zone for far too long.

So starting today, his City Pig BBQ will be serving up what he calls old-school barbecue reminiscent of such landmark but sadly departed Fort Worth joints as Jimmy's, Skinner's and B-Black's.

Tuesday is the grand opening. But until Davis gets a liquor license, City Pig will be handing out a free beer with each purchase of an entree, he told us. Don't expect any fancy imports, though.

Unlike many barbecues in town, the restaurant will offer cabrito along with brisket, chicken, Carolina-style pulled pork and "bolo" -- slabs of smoked bologna with Davis' secret seasoning at 2001 Eighth Ave. at Arlington Street. And there's a solid list of sides.

While this is a new venture for Davis, he's not new to Texas smoked meats. For years, he's sold his 'cue at football tailgate parties and special events.

#5 Doohickie

Doohickie

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (tjh1 @ Mar 8 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's another restaurant coming to the Near Southside...
http://www.star-tele...-coming-to.html

OMG I saw that place last weekend! I remember looking at it and thinking, "I don't remember a BBQ place there....!" I'll be making a visit there soon; I'll let you know how the food is.
My blog: Doohickie

#6 ramjet

ramjet

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

Had to make a quick trip to Fort Worth Friday. Met friends and family at Cat City Grill. After not wanting to crazy wait for a table at Brownstone or Fireside Pies. And only got into Cat City because of a reservation cancellation. Had the Cat Stack Salad - terrific! Followed by the Cat Wellington - medium rare filet, gorgonzola, in a pastry shell. Best. Thing. Ever! (I swear this is not solicited - dinner was truly outstanding.) And Magnolia looked beautiful all lit up with lights. The restaurants were brimming with folks - many eating al fresco on a balmy February night (go figure). Would have been fun if the stores and galleries were open in the evening to browse after dinner. Maybe that will happen in the near future. Another nice time in Fort Worth. Love it...

#7 jefffwd

jefffwd

Skyscraper Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

Had to make a quick trip to Fort Worth Friday. Met friends and family at Cat City Grill. After not wanting to crazy wait for a table at Brownstone or Fireside Pies. And only got into Cat City because of a reservation cancellation. Had the Cat Stack Salad - terrific! Followed by the Cat Wellington - medium rare filet, gorgonzola, in a pastry shell. Best. Thing. Ever! (I swear this is not solicited - dinner was truly outstanding.) And Magnolia looked beautiful all lit up with lights. The restaurants were brimming with folks - many eating al fresco on a balmy February night (go figure). Would have been fun if the stores and galleries were open in the evening to browse after dinner. Maybe that will happen in the near future. Another nice time in Fort Worth. Love it...

Glad you posted this... I didn't realize they served brunch... I think I will head down there this morning... Brunch menu >>>> http://www.catcitygrill.com/ :cheez:

#8 mmiller2002

mmiller2002

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Born 1959
    HS Grad 1977
    1982 BSEE Penn State

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

We went to Cat City Grill last night. Very good! But was told that they are no longer affiliated with Lili's and some original menu items are therefore off the menu. Wonder what the breakup was about?

#9 txsloth

txsloth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

We went to Cat City Grill last night. Very good! But was told that they are no longer affiliated with Lili's and some original menu items are therefore off the menu. Wonder what the breakup was about?

It was amicable. Vance, the owner of Lili's decided to expand Lili's and focus on it.

#10 youngalum

youngalum

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

And the fact that Cat City couldn't keep a chef for the life of them and the food was in general decline.

Another 8 months or so and this baby is probably gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users