101Partner's Content

There have been 9 items by 101Partner (Search limited from 22-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64788 DT: 1507 West 7th Street

Posted by 101Partner on 13 March 2011 - 08:15 PM in Fort Worth Architecture

Brian,
I believe a speedometer repair business used the building.

I thought the speedometer repair business was in the white building to the rear only, but my memory is not that clear. I know I had a speedometer gear replaced in the late 1960's there, wish I could remember the name.

#64771 Old Pour House Building to be demolished?

Posted by 101Partner on 11 March 2011 - 12:52 PM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

XTO just recently purchased the Star Telegram Building.

A slight correction. The Star Telegram Building was purchased by Bob Simpson, not in any official capacity for XTO. Mr. Simpson is currently under a consulting contract with ExxonMobil and is no longer an officer or director of XTO or XOM

#64754 Old Pour House Building to be demolished?

Posted by 101Partner on 10 March 2011 - 07:52 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

Parking lot... Nailed it! http://www.star-tele...ing-former.html :glare:

Yes, I thought you had your tongue firmly in cheek, but you were proven correct. Maybe a couple of dozen parking spaces at most?

#64737 Old Pour House Building to be demolished?

Posted by 101Partner on 08 March 2011 - 02:05 PM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

It would be true that any future use for this location would be presented to the DDRB for approval (including the suggested surface parking lot)?

#64734 Old Pour House Building to be demolished?

Posted by 101Partner on 08 March 2011 - 07:47 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

I've seen nothing on the DDRB site, but it appears Midwest Wrecking is setting up to demolish the old Pour House location at 5th and Throckmorton. If memory serves, XTO owns this property. Was this building not historic designated?

#64529 Oil & Gas Building sold to XTO?

Posted by 101Partner on 16 February 2011 - 03:40 PM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

The Trinity River Vision office is in the Commerce Building, not the Oil & Gas. If this is true, and XTO did not purchase the Commerce Building, then I guess the lobbies would have to be separated again.

Thank you Mr. Roberts. I always get the two switched in my mind for some reason. The completely unverified rumor only sites the Oil & Gas Building

#64527 Downtown FW getting Oliver's, a gourmet grocery store

Posted by 101Partner on 16 February 2011 - 10:30 AM in Fort Worth Architecture

I was surprised that I didn't read about this new store here first. I thought that we had connected downtowners here :-) Wasn't there a thread here a little while ago complaining about the lack of a food store downtown and speculating on what would be a great fit?

SHHHHHHH or you'll jinx it!

It's only been rumored for 3 or 4 years now, think most stopped paying attention a couple years back. ...and what would be the likelihood of something going in during a recession when we couldn't get anyone to bite during the fat years.

I'll believe it when I'm shopping there, if they do open, they'll get my business simply because I want them to stay, not because this meat and tater guy prefers gourmet spuds, it's because he's thankful they're opening up a block away.

This thread started my brothers and me discussing the last real grocery store in downtown proper. We all remember the Leonards/Everybody complex on the north end, but both brothers claim to have a recollection of a working grocery store on the south end up into the 1980's. They both worked on a drive-in bank somewhere around the Burnett Plaza and recall this grocery. Ring any bells for anyone?

#64526 Oil & Gas Building sold to XTO?

Posted by 101Partner on 16 February 2011 - 10:24 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

A rumor is circulating in our workplace that XTO Energy has purchased the Oil & Gas Building. Has anyone on this forum heard something similar?

I am not familiar with the "Oil and Gas Building". That is not the same as the "Petroleum Building" on Throckmorton that XTO bought 6 years ago, right?

Correct not the same, the Oil & Gas Building is at the corner of 7th and Taylor. It shares a common entrance off 7th with the adjacent Commerce Building. The lobby of the Oil & Gas Building is home to the Trinity River Vision project.

#64523 Oil & Gas Building sold to XTO?

Posted by 101Partner on 16 February 2011 - 09:23 AM in Historic Buildings and Preservation

A rumor is circulating in our workplace that XTO Energy has purchased the Oil & Gas Building. Has anyone on this forum heard something similar?