360texas's Content

There have been 20 items by 360texas (Search limited from 15-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99494 2016 Presidential Ballot - Early Voting starts 24 Oct 2016

Posted by 360texas on 08 November 2016 - 11:06 AM in Politics

If you have not yet voted >>>>>  GO VOTE NOW <<<<<<

nuf said.

#99224 2016 Presidential Ballot - Early Voting starts 24 Oct 2016

Posted by 360texas on 23 October 2016 - 12:48 PM in Politics

2016 Presidential Ballot - Sample.  Early voting starts tomorrow 24 Oct 2016.

Its a 3 pager and can be found here and PDF printed:

http://www.tarrantco...-Tar_Letter.pdf

#98755 Texas Central Railway - Proposed Bullet Train

Posted by 360texas on 19 September 2016 - 10:48 AM in Transportation

I miss spoke.  Made edit change in my above comment.

#98749 Texas Central Railway - Proposed Bullet Train

Posted by 360texas on 18 September 2016 - 04:14 PM in Transportation

The Fort Worth Star-telegram Saturday 17 Sept 16  had an article by Gordon Dickson about the "Battle over eminent domain could shoot down the bullet train project"

There are 3 or more groups planning on fighting it out in court. As mentioned in the article 1. "Texas Central Railroad and Infrastructure Inc" have no depots, locomotives, tracks, or ties. Its a company only on paper.  2. The land owners who signed up to lease or sell their property.   3. The other folks will not sell or lease their property.  OH yes and then there are their individual group of lawyers. Guess that makes 4 groups.

The Texas Railroad Commission (TRC)  does have eminent domain authority for public utilities, electric companies etc. But decided against delegating that authority to the Texas Central Railroad and Infrastructure Inc privately for profit owned company.  

My opinion is the TRC probably does not think that the privately owned for profit bullet train company will not meet the criteria of a "public utility".    

Federal Surface Transportation Board has no jurisdiction of the INTRASTATE project and will let the issue of eminent domain be decided within Texas.  Meaning ? Maybe have to be decided by lawmakers next January in Austin.  I think at this point the Texas Central Railroad and Infrastructure Inc would have to prove first they can use eminent domain.

It does not fall under a Federal project nor State project. and is not Texas state funded project.    The article also mentioned that the bullet train profit company is not funded by a foreign entity so no foreign funds.  Simply put, It is privately funded project.

One of the points the article mentioned was,  The bullet train company is threatening land owners along their proposed route who are not going to sell or lease their property with Eminent Domain law suite.  Sounds silly to me because they can't legally do that.   Just because the company name reads like its an official "Texas Central Railroad and Infrastructure Inc" its not a railroad company (well maybe on paper) and does not entitle them to use eminent domain to acquire land from private owners.

I would guess that more than half the The Texas State public would not benefit from this bullet train project because of lack of  "Public use and service access".  Can't get to it from where I sit.

#97785 What did you do in Fort Worth today?

Posted by 360texas on 24 June 2016 - 04:47 PM in Miscellaneous

What did we do today?  Well we work 7 days a week.  Some days we have a lighter work load activity that the other days.

Summer:

Got out of bed at 7am... 7:30am had breakfast by the pool.  Changed from my wet bathing suit into a dry bathing suit +polo shirt and shoes. Walked 50 feet to our company office by 8am.   Logged into Austrian company forum and began the day's Panorama Virtual Tours software forum Euorpean/ UK technical support.   Lunch at 12 noon (7 pm in Austria) followed up with a pool break.  Our software users are around the world so we picked up after lunch time tech support for the USA, Canada, Mexico, South American clients. Followed by a short pool break before dinner.  Followed by tech support for our FAR Eastern/ Australian clients.

Winter:  

Same work schedule as summer... except no pool and we wear Jeans, polo shirt +socks in the winter time.

Hard days work.  Log off usually around 7pm.

OH did I mention that it is good to be retired. :laugh:

#96705 Earthquakes in North Texas

Posted by 360texas on 28 March 2016 - 02:59 PM in City Issues

Suprise : :throwupen:   Another government agency tracking :  Wonder how many DFW quakes are on their mapping service

Reuters  USGS Mar 28, 2016 revises seismic risk map to include quakes caused by humans

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usgs-quakes-idUSKCN0WU1GL 

#96619 Private Toll Roads

Posted by 360texas on 22 March 2016 - 08:42 AM in Transportation

Have you ever visited Houston and their toll road signs ?  We visited Galveston last December 2015 for our grand daughters graduation from Texas A&M - Galveston.  There are at least two major toll RING roads around Houston south side. The toll ramp lanes are clearly lane marked.  Their night time 2 car lanes wide reflective toll road signs are posted several miles before their on ramps. Houston toll road signs are not like the pictures in the S-T newspaper showing the confusing vertical double stacked Interstate/ Express signs.

#96029 New 7th Street Bridge

Posted by 360texas on 15 February 2016 - 10:41 AM in Public & Institutional

Most contracts and subcontracts have installation workmanship Warranties.  What date did the bridge go 'Out of Warranty'.  Or was this a designer flaw.

As mentioned above,  Government Quality Assurance or Contractor Quality Control should have picked up on this type of design issue and corrected it by a contract change or modification.

#96018 Fort Worth Stockyards

Posted by 360texas on 13 February 2016 - 06:40 PM in Commercial

Having actually visited architectural areas: Japan, Philippines, Hong Kong China, Thailand, England, France, Spain, Germany (lived here for 3 years), Italy, Sicily, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Turkey, Greece, Lebanon, Egypt, Saudi Arabia (lived and worked for 13 years), Bahrain, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, India, Sri Lanka, Kashmir, Nearly all US States including Alaska and then Canada, and Pyramid areas of Mexico.  

However, we do not consider ourselves an authority on this Historic Stock Yards issue. 

I think that most of the aging permanent brick and mortar structures in the Fort Worth Stock yards appear to be convincingly worth being called "historic" and might be entitled a real 'Historic District'.  The remaining stock yard structures appear to only worthy of "Tourist" attractions.

Now we take a step back... only to try to understand the "historic criteria" and other folks opinions. 

#95877 Interesting FW Symphony Read Here

Posted by 360texas on 02 February 2016 - 08:52 AM in Arts and Entertainment

Thank you Jimmy

#95867 Interesting FW Symphony Read Here

Posted by 360texas on 01 February 2016 - 05:35 PM in Arts and Entertainment

Jimmy,  maybe its a matter of simple communications between age groupings.  

My wife and I are 73 years of age this year.   We like the arts... but are only willing to pay for class acts.

Would you consider explaining to us in your view "What are considered 'Pops events' or more progressive type events ?

On a broader scale, my biggest grip is American Airlines Facility advertising their new and upcoming events.....  never see on local TV  limited advertising about what Arts and symphony going on in Fort Worth !  

So we are to think... yes you guessed it lack ability of acquiring up and coming events or promotions for Casa, Symphony events or Bass Hall.

If we are going to pay for an event.. it has to be an event in our option worth going to that we can relate to...  

The paying public needs to be educated... help us understand the local Fort Worth events and why it benefits us....

#95855 Interesting FW Symphony Read Here

Posted by 360texas on 31 January 2016 - 10:44 AM in Arts and Entertainment

About 20 years ago my wife and I took an Art's appreciation class at TCU.  The final class session was at a theater where a really old Russian "silent" film shown on back drop screen concurrent with the FWSO played a real time symphony music .  There was also a scrolling translator 'English' subtitle board above the orchestra.  The black and white silent Russian movie was about 30 minutes. For us it was a unique enjoyable event.

I am thinking Star Wars, Superman, South Pacific  or Oklahoma themes.  

#95424 WFW (Aledo) - Morning Star Ranch

Posted by 360texas on 06 January 2016 - 06:04 PM in Residential

Agreed !

#95328 Merry Christmas - 360Texas

Posted by 360texas on 25 December 2015 - 10:58 AM in Miscellaneous

🎄 Merry Christmas from Dave and Pat at 360texas.com 🎁

#95092 Butler Place redevelopment plan being studied

Posted by 360texas on 12 December 2015 - 05:23 PM in Residential

It might be all about the money. Which entity will benefit financially ?

List named companies or private entities for whom will benefit the greatest ?

#94703 Texas Central Railway - Proposed Bullet Train

Posted by 360texas on 21 November 2015 - 06:12 PM in Transportation

I personally think... the (Dallas) Fort Worth Airport should be the North End terminus.  Let all the other rail + Taxi + Car traffic merge at the DFW Airport.

#94700 Texas Central Railway - Proposed Bullet Train

Posted by 360texas on 21 November 2015 - 01:25 PM in Transportation

I did find the FRA route layout (may have been updated by now)  in a .pdf page 4 and 23  https://www.fra.dot..../Details/L17203 .  For Dallas County there are no details.  Only a black squiggly route line that terminates in the Dallas city area.  

Maybe the builders are expecting Dallas and other DFW folks to build out to the HSR terminal using Light Rail.

#94552 Texas Central Railway - Proposed Bullet Train

Posted by 360texas on 13 November 2015 - 06:01 PM in Transportation

Looks like back in 2014 DFW Airport is ready for the Bullet train.... 

DFW Land Use Plan (using Aerial photo dated January 2014).  Click the map to zoom in to read the tiny print.

Of particular note HIGH SPEED RAIL black line starting at South end DFW adjacent to the Soil Stock Pile area.  Appears that HIGH SPEED RAIL is in their Land Use Plan through Jan 2014

Forum link:
http://www.fortworth...ge=2#entry94517

DFW Land Use Map link

https://www.dfwairpo...t/p2_139331.jpg

#94518 High Speed Rail - Texas

Posted by 360texas on 12 November 2015 - 12:16 PM in Transportation

DFW Land Use Plan (using Aerial photo dated January 2014).  Click the map to zoom in to read the tiny print.

Of particular note HIGH SPEED RAIL black line starting at South end DFW adjacent to the Soil Stock Pile area.  Appears that HIGH SPEED RAIL is in their Land Use Plan through Jan 2014

Forum link:

http://www.fortworth...ge=2#entry94517

DFW Land Use Map link

https://www.dfwairpo...t/p2_139331.jpg

#94517 American Airlines Relocating HQ

Posted by 360texas on 12 November 2015 - 11:57 AM in Commercial

Yes, interesting Land Use Plan (using Aerial photo dated January 2014).  Click the map to zoom in to read the tiny print. 

Of particular note HIGH SPEED RAIL black line starting at South end DFW adjacent to the Soil Stock Pile area.  Appears that HIGH SPEED RAIL is in their Land Use Plan Jan 2014.