Architecture in Fort Worth

Fire Station No. 1 

215 Commerce St. - 1907; restored 1982 (DD)

 

This building was designed by Sanguinet & Staats and built by Samuel A. Tomlinson. This fire station served the northern part of Downtown until 1980, when restoration began. The building has wonderful brick work on its facade. The building is now a part of the City Center Development and has the 150 Years of Fort Worth museum on the ground floor and Alonti Deli on the second floor.  Access into the building is achieved through the City Center Parking Garage.  The contractor for the restoration was Linbeck Construction.

Jack White Collection of Historic Fort Worth Photos, University of Texas at Arlington:
Early 1900's photograph