Riverside Elementary School
This International Style influence school opened in February 1955 as Riverside Elementary School. It features a one story front facade and a two story wing along La Salle St. The design features a flat roof and window overhangs. Many of the large window openings have been partially infilled. The accent wall on the front of the building at the entry has stack bond brick coursing. The 1958 expansion added four classrooms to the back end of the two story wing. In 1989, a 10 classroom, one story section was added to the rear of this same wing. The school was renamed Versia L. Williams after a long-time principal.
Mid-Century Modern and International Style influences
Robert P. Woltz, Jr., Fort Worth
Cain and Cain, Fort Worth