Located within National Register Historic District
National Register of Historic Places
City of Fort Worth Historic & Cultural Landmark
Our Mother of Mercy Catholic Church
This small church was built for Our Mother of Mercy Catholic Church in 1929. The brick building features a gabled roof with a corner bell tower with an open belfry. The brick facade features recessed stucco panels with paired arched windows. In 1931, the congregation built a church school across and down Verbena St. That building has now been integrated into the Ella Mae Gratts Shamblee Branch Library. In 1955, the church building was sold to Sunshine Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
Father N.P. Denis