Designed by Fort Worth Architect Joseph R. Pelich, this building replaced the old Polytechnic High School (now demolished) in 1937. The design of the school is Georgian Classicism with influences from Colonial Williamsburg. The building is situated on a hillside overlooking Sycamore Park and has a commanding presence along East Rosedale Street. The entrance pavilion features an octagonal cupola above a form that is temple-like in style. An oval shaped window with swags is located in the center of the gable and this detailing is carried into the interior of the school. The mid section of the temple entry contains Doric pilasters with doubled ones on the ends. The base of the entry uses rusticated limestone with three pairs of entrance doors. The end wings of the school housing the auditorium and gymnasium featured bowed entries and are divided into three bays. In 1954, Pelich's office designed the addition to the rear of the building that was in the same style and very sympathetic to the original structure. In 2003, another addition to the building was constructed and a new baseball and softball field were built to the north of the campus.