Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Meadowbrook Methodist Church began in 1911 when two small mission congregations began meeting, eventually merging in 1928 and taking the name they use today. Shortly afterward, the congregation purchased land and built a two-story frame building on the south end of the 3900 block of Meadowbrook Drive with mostly volunteer labor, which they used until the construction of their current facilities.
In 1949, the congregation had a Gothic-style church building built, designed by Wiley G. Clarkson. The choice of Clarkson for the architect was no doubt influence by his design for the First United Methodist Church in Downtown Fort Worth. Initially, all that was built was the sanctuary. An education wing was added circa 1954, followed by a separate fellowship hall building circa 1959, and then finally additional education space in 1968 to connect all the facilities. All the spaces mimicked the original Clarkson design. In 2004, the Community Life Center was added as a free-standing building on the far south end of the block. On January 1, 2020, Poly United Methodist Church merged with the Meadowbrook congregation, taking the combined name of Meadowbrook-Poly United Methodist Church.
Text provided by Daniel Haase.
Wiley G. Clarkson, Fort Worth