Zion Lutheran Church
The current and smaller chapel was designed in 1945 by R.S. Smith of Dallas. The larger sanctuary was designed by George Christianson in 1966. The complex was originally the home of Zion Lutheran Church. Both buildings feature textured and quarried limestone set in horizontal courses. Overall, the church's style is a simplified Gothic Revival. Both buildings have steeply pitched roofs with front gables. The main santuary has a large pointed arch that is filled with stained glass. The sanctuary addition also features a tall bell tower topped with a metal roof and a cross. The current parish hall was constructed in 2006 and is set back from the street further than the older church. It is also clad in yellow brick and stucco. A connection between the new and the older buildings is made with a gabled corridor and porte cochere clad in yellow brick.
Architect of Original Building (1945 Chapel):
R.S. Smith, Dallas
Architect of Sanctuary (1966):