Polytechnic Methodist Church
The Fine Arts Auditorium portion of this building was originally constructed for the Polytechnic Methodist Church in 1909. This building replaced an 1891 wood framed structure on the same site. In 1923, the church built a larger sanctuary across Wesleyan Drive, and this building became the Fine Arts Auditorium of Texas Wesleyan. At that time, the university constructed the north wing of the building, and it was funded by Ann Waggoner.
The auditorium section of the building was designed by Sanguinet & Staats. It is a two story rectangular plan with a hipped roof and is clad with ochre brick with yellow brick pilasters and quoins. The cornice is very wide and features decorative relief on the soffit. The main entrance, fronting Wesleyan Drive, features paired Ionic columns and a pedimented top. The north wing addition repeats some of the same detailing found in the original building and has a Doric styled portico as its entrance.
Sanguinet & Stats, Fort Worth