This 95,000 square foot building was designed by Wiley G. Clarkson of Fort Worth originally for the Sanger Brothers Department Store. Harry B. Friedman was the General Contractor. The eight story building features a limestone base and shaft with an elaborate terra cotta cornice. Sanger's occupied the building for only four years until they opened another store one block north. See Sanger Building. The best locally known tenant of the building was Meacham's Department Store. Meacham's occupied the building from 1947 until 1971. After Meacham's closed, Color Tile relocated their corporate headquarters to this site. In July 1997, Color Tile closed its doors. In 2000, renovations were completed inside to accommodate telecommunications and Internet-type companies. Serving originally as a department store, the structure features 14 foot high ceilings. On February 5, 2015 an announcement was made that the adjacent Sinclair Building was going to be converted into an Autograph Collection Hotel. Support services for the hotel will be located on the second floor of this building. As a part of this project, the STS Tower will be fully restored on the exterior. The two buildings are under the same ownership.