Crown Machine and Tool Co.
Architects Fooshee and Cheek of Dallas designed this Moderne Styled building for the Crown Machine and Tool Co. in 1944. The company occupied the building until 1964. The two story structure is clad in yellow brick with Moderne detailing in cast stone, with a stone entrance projecting from the front facade. Decorative panels sit between the first and second floor windows and an ornamented cast stone coping tops the parapet. All of the original multi-lite metal windows have been replaced with larger paned tinted glass. The building is now home to the Thrifty Nickel, a weekly classified ad newspaper.
Fooshee & Cheek, Dallas