Architecture in Fort Worth

First Christian Church

612 Throckmorton St. - 1914 (NR, RTHL, CFW)

 

This church was designed by architects Van Slyke and Woodruff and built by Reinhart and Donovan from Oklahoma City. The building is constructed from limestone and is a Greek Cross in plan with a copper clad dome at the crossing.  The style of the building is Renaissance Revival.  It sits on the site of the former building of the church called the Old Rock Church.  The church has a beautiful interior that has been artfully restored.

 

Historic Photos from the Jack White Collection, University of Texas at Arlington:
Old Rock Church

Early Photograph of Current Building